ACME Freight, an Amazon Delivery Service Partner (DSP), is seeking friendly, reliable, motivated, hardworking individuals who pay attention to details, can quickly problem solve a wide range of situations, and win in a fast-paced environment! We have immediate openings for permanent Full-time Delivery Driver / Delivery Associate(DA) positions!
No experience needed! Start as soon as 7 days. Apply Now
Amazon remains open as an essential business to serve our communities delivering critical supplies directly to the doorsteps of people who need them.
Apply today to schedule your in-person interview with us. We're making on-the-spot job offers! (All job offers contingent on meeting eligibility requirements.)
Ideal candidates are enthusiastic, communicate effectively, and ready to get the job done. Successful delivery drivers enjoy being out on the road driving, put safety first and care deeply about customer expectations and satisfaction.
We are looking for team players who desire to grow with the company
- Military veterans are welcome!
- Commercial, DOT, CDL (or work-related) driving experience is a plus but not mandatory
- Safe driving experience in a cargo van, is a plus but not mandatory
- As we grow, supervisory roles will be available
You’ll be able to choose from available shifts to create your own schedule. We operate 7-days a week. 360-days-a-year.
A typical day for an Acme Freight DA involves delivering more than 200 packages to homes, apartments, and businesses. Packages can weigh up to 50 lbs., although most only weigh a few pounds. Delivery Associates will need to carry these up and down stairs, communicate with customers, operate a smartphone that includes a scanner, GPS, and camera. DAs drive our delivery van to drop off Amazon packages to customers within our community. You will spend 90% of your shift driving/delivering and 10% of your shift in a warehouse. We provide Driver Associates with vehicles, uniforms, and all the necessary technical training to deliver smiles to exceed Amazon's expectations.
- Successfully handle and deliver packages with care and in a safe, punctual manner
- Safely drive and perform safety inspections on company vehicle; follow all local & state laws, road/driving regulations, and company policies
- Be customer obsessed! Provide excellent customer service and satisfaction despite stressful events / conditions
- Use smart phone device for GPS Navigation, scanning packages, conducting administrative requirements such as clocking in/out, and communicate with supervisors and other team members
- Climb in and out of the vehicle, more than 200 times, to load and unload customer packages.
- You can plan on working about 4-5 days a week
- You can plan on a typical working day being 10 hours
- Our drivers follow strict safety standards on and off the road
- You will interact with Amazon employees, customers, and the public in a professional and positive manner
- Keep pace in physically demanding job; work in all weather conditions; lift, pull, and push packages (up to 50 lbs); get in and out of a van repeatedly throughout the day at variable locations. (Hand trucks are provided)
- Must be flexible and safe with all traffic patterns, alternative routes, traffic regulations, and driving conditions to meet the customer and Amazon time requirements
- Must be willing to work as a TEAM to provide top-notch customer service including customers, fellow partners (drivers) and leadership
- Stand, squat, kneel, bend, twist neck, and waist frequently
- Support the team in daily work requirements including participation in rescue calls when other team members need assistance with their routes
- Maintain a clean, comfortable, smoke-free, and safe work environment inside the company vehicle
- Must be at least 21years old and Authorized to work in the United States
- Must have a valid California driver's license
- Must have held a state driver’s license for at least 4 years
- Must have a clean motor vehicle report (Multiple violations can disqualify you from the position)
- Must be able to work some weekends and holidays
- Must be comfortable operating and navigating a delivery van, (Ford Transit or Mercedes Sprinter size)
- Must be able to move boxes up to 50 lbs., with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must consent to and pass a 5-Panel drug screening
- Must have good English speaking, reading, writing/communication skills and the ability to work well with customers
- Must be comfortable using a smartphone to manage multiple apps, follow a GPS, and scan bar codes to manage the delivery process
- Pleasant and down-right fun working environment!
- Health Insurance – Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Paid Training
- Opportunity for performance incentives and bonuses
- Overtime Pay
- Paid-time-Off (PTO) begins accruing immediately at start of employment
- Clean, well maintained company delivery vehicles, fuel, and mobile devices
- Uniforms, safety, and administrative gear